What is the rental fee, and what does it include?
• Please see the details found here for complete pricing and included items.
What is building/venue capacity?
• Outdoor capacity is 150 reception/ceremony style. Max capacity is 150+ guests.
What dates are available?
• Please see the available dates information here.
Is there a deposit? When are the additional payments due? Do you offer a payment plan?
• Yes. When the contract is signed we require a $2,500 retainer to hold your date for the venue only option. The deposit for the all-inclusive option is 25% of the total price. The remaining balance will be split into fixed monthly payments. The final installment will be due 30 days before the event. You are welcome to send smaller, partial payments of any amount prior to the specified due date. We also reserve the right to request a credit card on file for any damages to the facility or grounds.
How do I reserve a date?
• To reserve a date, email us HERE saying you are ready to book XYZ date if it is still available. We recommend including a backup date in case your preferred date is unavailable. Prior to booking a date, we would love for you to visit the ranch in person. You can request an in-person tour (or a virtual tour if you live out of the area) on our tour request page, but an in-person tour is not required before booking. Dates are reserved on a first-come, first served basis.
Do I need to schedule a tour, or can I just stop by?
• All tours are by appointment only. You can request a tour here.
What is the average budget of a couple getting married at Sand Canyon Ranch?
• Great question! In general, we believe the average budget of a couple getting married at Sand Canyon Ranch is between $18,000- $31,000 for all wedding expenses (venue, food, dress, DJ, photographer, etc.). Creative couples with smaller guest lists can host beautiful weddings in the $13,000 - $15,000 range.
Is there a food and beverage or guest count minimum?
• No. Many venues have minimums because they make a 10-15% commission from the caterer based on how much you spend on food and drinks. We choose NOT to make a commission because we want our food and beverage options to be as elegant or affordable as your budget allows. Therefore, we don't have a food and beverage or guest count minimum.
Do we have to utilize your caterers and bar service?
• No, but our preferred vendor list does include top vendors in our area, nearly all with 10+ years of experience in serving couples. We have very high expectations when it comes to our vendors on our preferred vendor list.
Will there be another wedding on the same day?
• No, at Sand Canyon Ranch, we only host one wedding each day to ensure that each couple's event is unique and receives our full attention. We also do not allow tours during wedding days.
Are there overnight accommodations nearby?
• Yes. The Best Western Plus Country Park Hotel is only 10 miles away. The hotel is utilized for large events, so we encourage you to reserve a hotel room block as soon as you book your wedding at Sand Canyon Ranch.
How many cars will your parking lot accommodate?
• 78 cars
Do you offer straight tables instead of farm tables?
• We have a limited number of straight tables on-site that can be used for your gift table, catering table, etc. Usually, we have a few extras that can be mixed in with reception seating, but most of your guests will be seated at our custom upgraded farm tables.
Do you provide table linens, cups, silverware, etc?
• No. Sand Canyon Ranch provides a fabulous venue, tables, upgraded wedding chairs, and lots of decor for the allotted amount of time. You are welcome to bring your own linens, or you can check out our preferred vendors for linen rentals. Silverware, cups, etc. are not included in the venue-only rental.
What happens in case of rain?
• Unlike many venues, Sand Canyon Ranch, has chosen to limit our total guest capacity to provide a dedicated space as a backup in case of rain. This means that the venue doesn't have to be "flipped" from your ceremony to the reception in the case of inclement weather. Reception tables are all available to be set up prior to the ceremony and need not be moved in the chance of rain. This ensures a smooth transition into the reception and makes the decision to bring a ceremony inside (or not) much less stressful. If your guest count is more than 150 guest than we would rent a commercial tent to extend the indoor area if rain is an issue.
We plan to have our ceremony off-site or only plan to have our ceremony at Sand Canyon Ranch. Does your fee change?
• Because we only host one event per day, our fee structure remains the same whether you hold your ceremony, reception, or both on-site.
Do you allow dogs on-site to play a part in our wedding day?
• We are dog friendly, with some specific stipulations. Dogs are allowed (only with pre-approval by Marianne) at the ceremony and pictures. Animals other than service animals are NOT permitted under the roof or near food. Dogs must be on a leash at all times, and someone must be responsible for them other than the couple.
What form of payment does Sand Canyon Ranch accept?
• Our preferred form of payment is online payment via debit card/ credit card through the client's portal. We do accept checks and cash.
My preferred dates are unavailable. Do you have a cancellation waiting list?
• We do not keep a cancellation waiting list because cancellations are unpredictable. As soon as a date does become available, we post it here.
Where can I find pictures of the decor available?
• You can view our FREE borrowed room decor here. ( Borrowed room: Any decor we have is available for our couples to use for free on their wedding day)
What time will I have access to the venue to decorate?
• You will have access to the venue at 11:00 am. Please plan accordingly!
Do you include a "wedding day coordinator?"
• If you're trying to compare venues "apples to apples," we feel like this is a tricky question. Our answer is no. We think it's possible for the job duties of a "day-of wedding coordinator" to mean something different to you than it does to us, and the last thing we want is the opportunity for miscommunication. However, we do have a team leader here before you arrive on-site who stays with you throughout the duration of your big day. This member of the Sand Canyon Ranch team is here to help you however they can (be an extra set of hands decorating, drive you around the ranch on our ranger to take wedding photos, answer questions from your vendors and direct them as necessary, etc.) Their goal is to do everything possible to help your day go smoothly and ensure your day is as stress-free as possible! (But we still don't consider them a day-of wedding coordinator, in the technical sense.)
Can Alcohol be served at our event?
Is there wifi (Internet connection) available?
• Yes, we will provide a modem to have access the internet for the bride & groom only. But we cannot guarantee internet due to the rural area.
Is there areas for the couple to get ready day of event?
• Yes. Our suites will be available in Jan 2022.
Do our vendors need to be licensed and insured?
• Yes. All vendors must be licensed and insured. The couple will be required to provide proof at their final meeting.
What are our catering options at Sand Canyon Ranch?
• You can either bring in your own cater or use one from our preferred vendor. Please see the vendors page for more information.
Does Sand Canyon Ranch handle the catering orders for these caterers, or do I work with the caterer directly?
• If you book the ALL-INCLUSIVE package, then yes, we do handle it all with your choices. But if not, it's most efficient for couples to work directly with the caterer. Simply book your big day with Sand Canyon Ranch and reach out to the caterers of your choice to schedule a tasting and get the ball rolling!
When is the next open house?
• Our open house events are designed for couples who have already had a private tour of Sand Canyon Ranch. If we have already had the chance to meet, we welcome you to one of our open house events. See dates available here.
What time do you suggest we start the ceremony?
• We suggest starting Friday ceremonies between 3:00-4:00 pm, Saturday ceremonies between 3:00-5:00 pm, and Sunday ceremonies between 3:00-4:00 pm. If you do NOT plan to do a first look or plan to get married when the sun sets earlier in the evening, please contact us to discuss the best schedule for your day.
How will the tables, chairs, etc., be arranged for my event?
• We will reach out to you to determine your preferred layout prior to the big day!
If we choose the one day option, will we be able to access the location early to rehearse our ceremony?
• If you elect the one-day rental, our venue will likely be reserved by another couple the day before. For that reason, one-day rentals should plan for an offsite rehearsal. You are also welcome to bring anyone who would feel more comfortable understanding the venue (such as your DJ or minister, or any little ones in the wedding party) to one of our monthly open houses.
Can we have fireworks on the property?
• Fireworks are not permitted. Fireworks are prohibited in Tehachapi, CA.
Can vehicles be left overnight?
• Yes, vehicles can be left overnight. All vehicles must be picked up by 11:00 am the following day. Please advise your guests of this policy. We appreciate your understanding.
What time does the music need to end?
• Music on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays must conclude by 10:00 pm to ensure that you, all of your items, and all of your vendors and guests are off-property by 11:00 pm.
We are using a rental company. Can they drop items off or pick them up outside of the rental period?
• No, all deliveries must happen during the standard rental period. Please advise your vendors of this policy.
Are candles allowed?
• Yes, candles are allowed as long as the flame is completely contained in a candle holder or you have drip catcher for each candle.
Is it possible to seat eleven at a table?
• In a pinch, yes, if one is a child, but we would not recommend it for your guests' comfort.
How far in advance do you need our final headcount?
• Three weeks
How do I obtain a marriage license?
• Between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, go to the County Clerk's office at 1115 Truxtun Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93301. The County Clerk's Office is located on the first floor. Both partners must go, and you'll need your driver's licenses and your social security numbers. It's $94 for Confidential and $82 for Public. The county's phone number is 661.868.4100 if you need to reach them.
Setup and Day-of-Event Questions
Are outside snacks and trays permitted?
• Outside food and drink is permitted. Please, no drinks in glass bottles.
What is the event clean-up process?
• Sand Canyon Ranch staff will help with all standard clean up and trash removal throughout and following the wedding reception.
Can we take photos around the ranch on our wedding day?
• Sure! Just ask us and we would be happy to make recommendations.
Can we nail decorations to the walls or hang things like streamers or lanterns from the beams?
• Because our family put hours of work in to hand-cutting all boards and beams, we request that holes are not placed in the walls. We will have areas where hooks are already placed that you are welcome to use for any additional decorations. The beams at Sand Canyon Ranch are very tall and not reachable by a ladder. Reach out to us about your ideas and we can see if it is possible.
Tour Requests & Questions:
23993 Sand Canyon Rd.
Tehachapi, CA 93561
661-205-7197 Unless you have an emergency, please refrain from calling outside the hours of 8:00 am - 8:00 pm PST.
Contact us HERE through our website with questions & to schedule an in person tour. Tours are by appointment only please.